The Dolphins head to Jacksonville State on Saturday for a 6:00 pm (7:00 pm EST) kickoff. Jacksonville (0-1) is coming off a loss at Delaware last week in which JU foreced four turnovers and racked up 35 points. JSU (1-0) won its season opener at Alabama State, 24-22 last week. Saturday's contest marks the first ever meeting between the two schools.
92.5 FM (Richard Miller & Brian Freshley). Pregame starting at 5:50 pm (6:30 pm EST)
- Feeling Special: The JU special teams forced turnovers on a punt return, kickoff return and an onside kick in the season opener at Delaware. The Dolphins also had two returns of 35+ yards
- Of Andrew Robustelli’s 23 career receptions, 8 have gone for touchdowns
- In his last three complete games (all road contests) QB Kade Bell has thrown for 11 touchdowns and an average of 270 yards per game
- JU is 6-2 all-time (4-0 on the road) against the OVC with all eight games coming against Austin Peay
- Ed Foley (12 tackles), Andre Addidson (10 tackles) and Mike Klein (10 tackles) all hard career highs in tackles against Delaware
- The 63-yard INT return for a touchdown by Antonio McRae against Delaware was the longest by a JU player since the 2010 season and the fourth longest INT TD return in school history
- The Dolphins produced nine plays that covered more than 20 yards against Delaware, including four of the five touchdowns
- For the first time in league history the Pioneer Football League regular season champion will receive an automatic bid to the FCS playoffs this season
- JU is a Pioneer Football League best 32-8 in PFL games over the past five seasons
- JU was picked third in the PFL preseason coaches poll behind San Diego and Butler
- JU is represented by 92 players from the state of Florida on their roster
Copyright ©2014 Jacksonville University. All Rights Reserved.