Winners of three straight Jacksonville (10-10; 5-2 A-Sun) embarks on a two game road swing starting on Thursday night at 7:00 pm against East Tennessee State (5-14; 2-4 A-Sun). The Dolphins are looking to stay in the drivers seat in a tight race for the A-Sun regular season crown and get over .500 for the first time this season.
A season best 17 points from this week’s A-Sun Newcomer of the Week, Javon Dawson led Jacksonville in a 77-68 win at North Florida last Friday. A junior transfer from the University of Utah, Dawson added six rebounds in just 22 minutes of action as the Dolphins snapped a six-game skid in true road games with the win.
Senior forward Glenn Powell continued his stellar play added 14 points, eight rebounds and three blocks. Powell totaled 10 of his points in the second half to help power a JU offense that shot a season best 60.9 percent from the field during the period.
East Tennessee State is coming off a 70-60 win at Kennesaw State last Saturday. The Pirates are led by 6-4 freshman Lester Wilson who is averaging 15.5 points and 5.6 rebounds per game.
East Tennessee State is the only A-Sun team Jacksonville has a losing record against. ETSU leads the all-time series 11-5. The Dolphins are looking for their second straight win in the series.
Radio / Video
92.5 FM (Terry Norvelle)
A-Sun TV (Watch here)
Next Up For Jacksonville
The Dolphins complete a three-game road swing by traveling over to USC Upstate on Saturday.
- Jacksonville has won games this year when both teams have scored in the 90s, 50s and 40s
- Senior forward Glenn Powell (15.0 ppg) and junior guard Keith McDougald (15.2 ppg) have combined to average 30.2 points in the last six games
- During the six game span Powell is shooting 61.0 percent (36-59) from the field and McDougald is shooting 50.0 percent (12-24) from three
- Glenn Powell (121) needs one block to move into a tie for sixth place with Ryan Lewis (2001-03) on the career list at JU
- Senior guard Russell Powell’s 332 career assists currently rank 10th all-time at JU
- Jarvis Haywood ranks third amongst A-Sun freshmen in scoring this season with 10.5 ppg
- The Dolphins compiled a 2.87 team GPA for the fall 2012 semester