Round two of the The SunTrust River City Rumble between Jacksonville (12-14; 7-6 A-Sun) and North Florida (10-15; 5-8 A-Sun) tips off Friday night at 7:00 pm inside Veterans Memorial Arena. The Dolphins are looking secure a regular season sweep of UNF for the sixth time in the last seven years.
Three straight tightly contested losses by JU has dropped the Dolphins into a three-way tie for third place in the A-Sun standings with Stetson and USC Upstate entering Thursday night’s action.
Junior Keith McDougald led Jacksonville with 15 points in a 75-68 loss at Kennesaw State last Saturday. McDougald has led the team in scoring eight times during A-Sun play and is averaging a team best 14.6 points per game in the conference this season.
Freshman Jarvis Haywood has been an aggressor on both ends of the floor of late averaging 11.5 points and 6.0 rebounds the last four games.
North Florida is coming off a 64-44 loss at Mercer last Saturday that ended a two game winning streak. Parker Smith leads the team and ranks second in the league with 16.5 points per game.
Jacksonville leads the all-time series 14-4. The Dolphins won the first meeting this season 77-68 behind 17 points from junior Javon Dawson.
TV / Radio
CSS Sports/ESPN3 (Matt Stewart & Sonny Smith)
92.5 FM (Terry Norvelle)
Next Up For Jacksonville
The Dolphins host USC Upstate on Thursday and ETSU on Saturday next week at Veterans Memorial Arena.
- The Dolphins have either had the lead or been within a single point in the final five minutes of the last three games
- JU has had a player earn A-Sun Newcomer of the Week honors in four times this season (Jarvis Haywood, 1/15, 2/5; Javon Dawson, 1/22, 1/29)
- Keith McDougald is shooting 47.1 percent from three during conference play
- Jacksonville has won A-Sun games this year when both teams have scored in the 90s, 80s, 70s, 50s and 40s
- The Dolphins compiled a 2.87 team GPA for the fall 2012 semester