The CollegeInsider.com Thursday Night Showcase hits Veterans Memorial Arena this week. With only four league games remaining, Jacksonville (13-14; 8-6 A-Sun) hosts USC Upstate (14-14; 8-7 A-Sun) Thursday night in a game that has major Atlantic Sun Tournament seeding implications. The Dolphins currently sit alone in fourth place with a half-game lead over the Spartans.
This week marks the final two home games of the year for JU which also welcomes East Tennessee State to the Arena on Saturday afternoon.
The Dolphins ended a three game slide last Friday with a 70-68 win over River City rival North Florida. Freshman Jarvis Haywood led the way with a career best 19 points and nine rebounds while junior Keith McDougald finished with 16 points and was 3-4 from three.
USC Upstate is coming off a 79-67 win over Kennesaw State last Saturday that ended a four game losing streak. The Spartans are 4-9 on the road this season. Torrey Craig leads the team with 17.2 points per game
Jacksonville leads the all-time series 7-3. USC Upstate won the first meeting this season 79-64.
A-Sun TV/CollegeInsider.com Thursday Night Showcase
92.5 FM (Terry Norvelle)
Next Up For Jacksonville
The Dolphins host ETSU on Saturday in their final home game of 2012-13. Seniors Glenn Powell and Russell Powell will be honored before.
- Of the Dolphins eight league wins this season, seven have been decided by three points or less or gone to overtime
- Jarvis Haywood is averaging 13 points and 6.6 rebounds in the last five games
- Keith McDougald leads the A-Sun shooting 49.1 percent (27-55) from three during conference play
- Glenn Powell (884) needs 16 points to reach 900 for his career
- JU is 8-1 at Veterans Memorial Arena this season
- JU is 5-1 when holding opponents to less than 40% shooting
- The Dolphins compiled a 2.87 team GPA for the fall 2012 semester