TUESDAY, JANUARY 22, 2002
Dolphins Put Five-Game Road Win Streak On Line At Stetson
Jan. 22, 2002
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -
Game Day Quick Facts...
Radio: ESPN 600, "The Ball" (Cole Pepper, play-by-play, Nate Stewart, Color analysis) The Dolphin Pregame Show begins at 6:45 p.m.
Series Record: JU Leads 31-23
Last Meeting: JU defeated Troy St., 67-57, Dec. 1, 2001 in Jacksonville.
Up Next: JU will six of its next eight on the road, including three straight at Stetson, Mercer and Troy State.
* JU Enters Polls at No. 22 ... The Dolphins entered the CollegeInsider.com Mid-Major Top 25 poll this week for the for the first time ever at No. 22. JU has been receiving votes all season, but jumped into the rankings after winning four straight and eight of its last nine. Gonz+aga remains at No. 1 in the poll with a 16-3 record.
* Streaking ... The Dolphins have won eight of their last nine games, including four straight. JU's 14-5 record marks the Dolphins' best start since the 1979-80 season when JU opened the year 19-5. The Dolphins are 8-1 at home and have won five straight on the road for the first time since the 1986-87 season.
* Board It ... In addition to being the top defensive team in the A-Sun, the Dolphins are also hitting the boards. JU's league-best +6.8 rebounding margin is the highest since the 1972-73 season when the Dolphins finished the year with a +7.4 rebounding advantage.
* Durham Wins 60th ... Head coach Hugh Durham continues to reach new milestones. Durham won his 60th game at JU with the Dolphins' 74-71 victory over Troy St., and is just two wins shy of tying Billy Tubbs for 12th place among active Division I coaches with 589 career victories. He is also just 13 wins shy of becoming the 12th active coach to reach 600 wins for his career.
* Fighting Back ... After posting a 12-22 (.535) record for the first two years in the A-Sun, JU has gone 19-9 (.679) in the last two-plus years to get back to an even 31-31 in Atlantic Sun Conference play.
2001-02 MEN'S BASKETBALL