TUESDAY, JUNE 27, 2006
Jesse Kimbrough granted a sixth year by the NCAA

June 27, 2006

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - The good news keeps coming for the JU men's basketball program.

After announcing last week that the Dolphins were moving their home games to Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena, head coach Cliff Warren was pleased to find out that the NCAA has granted point guard Jesse Kimbrough a sixth year of eligibility after missing last year due to leg injury.

"With such a young team coming in, Jesse's experience and leadership is something that we will be counting on coming into the season," Warren said. "Donna Kirk, our compliance director, did a great job researching information that led to getting Jesse's year of eligibility back."

At the time of his injury last year, Kimbrough was leading the team in scoring with an average of 13.6 points per game and 29 assists in five games. He led the Dolphins in their lone win, lighting up archrival UNF for 25 points, 10 rebounds and seven assists.

"It is not very common for a student-athlete to be granted an extension of the five year clock," said Kirk, assistant athletics director for compliance at JU. "I am very pleased for both Jesse and Coach Warren's program that the NCAA reached this decision."

Kimbrough's return gives Warren three starters returning from last year's team - a nucleus of senior Ljubisa Vrcelj, sophomore Marcus Allen and Kimbrough. The Dolphins have signed six players that will contribute immediately to the program.