Nov. 22, 2006
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -
- Evan Jefferson hit his first 3-pointer of the year after missing his first nine attempts of the season. Jefferson finished the game with a team-leading 18 points, hitting four 3-pointers, a new career high as well.
- The Dolphins got off to a hot start for the first time this season, taking an 11-6 lead at the under 16 timeout.
- JU came out of the first media timeout on a 13-0 run, taking a 24-6 lead - the Dolphins largest of the season thus far.
- Ben Smith put up 12 points in the first half to mark the second time in the last three games that he has put up 10 or more. Smith had 10 assists in the game, with six coming in the first half, giving his first career double-double. It is the first double-double via points and assists since Aubrey Conerly had 13 points and 11 assists against Belmont on Jan. 11, 2006.
- JU's 46 points in the first half is tied for the third highest total in a half in the Cliff Warren era. The Dolphins second half scoring effort gives the Dolphins three straight halves in which they have scored more than 40.
- Jesse Kimbrough's 11 points gives him double digit scoring efforts in all four of JU's game this season. He has now scored in double figures 25 times in 36 games played at JU.
- Tyrone Curnell scored in double figures for the second straight game, racking up a season-high 18 points.
- Marcus Allen had 15 points to put up his third double digit scoring effort of the season. Allen has now scored in double figures in five of the last six games he's played.
- Michael DiBenedetto hit his only 3-point attempt of the game, making him 3-for-3 on his career.