WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 2007
Men's Tennis falls to Stetson, 6-1
Feb. 28, 2007
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - The Dolphins (3-3, 1-2 A-Sun) had a tough time fighting back the Hatters, 6-1. Stetson (5-5, 1-1 A-Sun) handed JU their second loss in the conference.
Jacksonville earned their lone point as Marcos Oliveria took on Peter Dzuba of Stetson in number six singles, 6-4, 6-4. Oliveria joined with Vinicius Craveiro to win number three doubles, defeating Dzuba and Danai Stamp, 8-5. These would be the only matches the Dolphins won, dropping all others to the Hatters.
"We came out flat today," said head coach Jared Camerota. "If we start losing, we get negative very fast. This is a problem that can be fixed with experience and maturity, which we can only gain as we continue to play matches."
The Dolphins return to the courts Saturday, March 3rd facing Campbell at 10:00 p.m.
1. Marcus Echtler (STET) def. Jordi Ballester (JU) 6-3, 6-7 (0), 10-8
2. Hicham Laalej (STET) def. Francisco Riveroll (JU) 6-4, 5-7, 10-4
3. Filip Kricka (STET) def. Victor Vaz (JU) 6-2, 7-6 (4)
4. Serguei Boulanov (STET) def. Ernesto Ramos (JU) 6-4, 6-4
5. Joey Jones (STET) def. Vinicius Craveiro (JU) 6-3, 6-1
6. Marcus Oliveria (JU) def. Peter Dzuba (STET) 6-4, 6-2
1. Echtler/Kricka (STET) def. Ramos/Riveroll (JU) 8-6
2. Jones/Boulanov (STET) def. Ballester/Vaz (JU) 8-0
3. Oliveira/Craveiro (JU) def. Dzuba/Danai Stamp (STET) 8-5
2006 MEN'S TENNIS