SUNDAY, APRIL 01, 2007
Men's Tennis down Belmont 4-3
March 31, 2007
Nashville, Tenn - The Dolphins (10-6, 2-5 A-Sun) defeat conference foe Belmont (3-7, 1-5) in Nashville, Tenn. on Saturday afternoon in close match.
In singles, the Dolphins were able to capture four of the six matches to seal the victory. Francisco Riveroll's match was the deciding factor. After falling in the first set tiebreak to Fausto Rocha, Riveroll fought back to win the next two sets 6-1, 6-4 to win the match.
"It was a great win for us defeating the defending conference tournament champions," said head coach Jarod Camerota. "Now we need to prepare for our last conference match before the conference tournament against Lipscomb."
The Dolphins return to the court on road Sunday, against another conference opponent Lipscomb at 3 p.m.
1. Jordi Ballester (JU) def. Alex Gillott (BEL) 7-6 (4), 6-1
2. Francisco Riveroll (JU) def. Fausto Rocha (BEL) 6-7 (5), 6-1, 6-4
3. Ernesto Ramos (JU) def. Javier Rodriguez (BEL) 6-2, 4-3 def
4. Felipe Abreu (BEL) def. Victor Vaz (JU) 6-3, 6-4
5. Ignacio Gesto (BEL) def. Marcos Oliveira (JU) 2-6, 6-4, 6-2
6. Vinicius Craveiro (JU) def. Zach Zola (BEL) 6-4, 6-4
1. Rodriguez/Rocha (BEL) def. Riveroll/Ramos (JU) 9-8 (6)
2. Gillott/Gesto (BEL) def. Vaz/Ballester (JU) 8-4
3. Oliveira/Craveiro (JU) def. Zola/Abreu (BEL) 9-7
2006 MEN'S TENNIS