SATURDAY, APRIL 07, 2007
Men's Tennis battles back against UCF, 4-3
April 7, 2007
ORLANDO, Fla. - The Dolphins (12-6, 3-5 A-Sun) battled the Golden Knights on Saturday afternoon, coming up with the win, 4-3. Today's win marks the fourth time the Dolphins have defeated the Golden Knights in 24 matches. After dropping all three double matches to UCF, the Dolphins kicked it into to gear to get the win.
Jordi Ballester helped get the Dolphins started, defeating Sinan Sudas, 4-6, 7-5, 6-3, in the No. 1 spot. He was followed by Francisco Riveroll battling Tarek Ben Soltane 3-6, 6-4, 6-0 in the No. 2 spot. Victor Vaz followed suit, defeating Norman Alcantara, 4-6, 6-4, 6-3 in No. 3 singles. Marcos Oliveira clinched the match for the dolphins, leading Brock Sakey 4-3 in No. 4 singles before Sakey defaulted the match.
"This is a big win for us," said head coach Jarod Camerota. "We fought back and we finally learned what it takes to never quit."
The Dolphins return to the court for the last match of the regular season, facing Bethune-Cookman College Thursday April 13, in Daytona Beach, at 2:00 p.m.
1. Jordi Ballester (JU) def. Sinan Sudas (UCF) 4-6, 7-5, 6-3
2. Francisco Riveroll (JU) def. Tarek Ben Soltane (UCF) 3-6, 6-4, 6-0
3. Johan Beigart (UCF) def. Ernesto Ramos (JU) 7-5, 6-4
4. Victor Vaz (JU) def. Norman Alcantara (UCF) 4-6, 6-4, 6-3
5. Marcos Oliveira (JU) def. Brock Sakey (UCF) 4-3, default
6. Ener Gursoy (UCF) def. Vinicius Craveiro (JU) 6-1, 6-2
1. Alcantara/Sakey (UCF) def. Riveroll/Ramos (JU) 8-4
2. Beigart/Gursoy (UCF) def. Ballester/Vaz (JU) 8-5
3. Sudas/Colon (UCF) def. Oliveira/Craveiro (JU) 8-5
2006 MEN'S TENNIS