MONDAY, APRIL 16, 2007
Men's Tennis down Bethune Cookman 7-0
April 13, 2007
Daytona Beach, Fla. - The Dolphins (13-6, 3-5 A-Sun) dominated Bethune Cookman Friday afternoon; finishing off the regular season on a high note by sweeping the match.
The Jacksonville University men's tennis team finished the season on a four game winning streak and will face Gardner-Webb in the first round of the Atlantic Sun Conference Tournament. The Dolphins faced Gardner-Webb once this season and will look to avenge the close 4-3 loss next week.
"This was another good win for us and will give us some confidence going into the conference tournament," said head coach Jarod Camerota. "Now we just need to focus on Gardner-Webb."
The Dolphins return to the court on Friday, Apr. 20th in the Atlantic Sun Conference Tournament in Johnson City, TN.
1. Jordi Ballester (JU) def. Thabani Sithole (BCC) 5-7, 6-2, (12-10)
2. Francisco Riveroll (JU) def. Christian Cruz (BCC) 4-6, 6-1, 10-5
3. Ernesto Ramos (JU) def. Jerome Ward (BCC) 6-3, 3-3
4. Victor Vaz (JU) def. Stefan James (BCC) 7-5, 6-0
5. Marcos Oliveira (JU) def. Janic Jackson (BCC) 6-3, 6-2
6. Vinicius Craveiro (JU) def. Terry Powell (BCC) 6-0, 6-2
1. Riveroll/Ramos (JU) def. Sithole/Cruz (BCC) 8-6
2. Vaz/Ballester (JU) def. James/Jackson (BCC) 8-7 (4)
3. Oliveira/Craveiro (JU) def. Ward/Gomes (BCC) 8-1
2006 MEN'S TENNIS