MONDAY, FEBRUARY 12, 2007
Women's tennis beats UCF 5-2
Feb. 10, 2007
ORLANDO, Fla. - The Dolphins (3-2, 1-1 A-Sun) came out strong as they spoiled the home opener for the UCF Golden Knights (0-2), 5-2. The victory marks only the second win for JU over UCF in the last 25 years!
Tatiana Soldatova also grabbed a victory against Anna Yakimchenkova in the No. 3 singles match 7-5, 6-3, while at the No. 4 position Iva Jaresova won her match in three sets against Megan Hunter 6-3, 2-6, 6-3.
In doubles, Sulyos and Willi defeated Serrot and Yakimchenkova 8-3 at the No. 1 spot, and Jaresova and Soldatova defeated Belbacha and Hunter 8-4 at the No. 2 spot.
"I was very pleased with how we competed today, and Willi, Sulyos, and Jaresova were the standouts of the match," said head coach Jarod Camerota. "We played good doubles and that's how you win matches."
The Dolphins will look to win their third match in a row on Sunday, Feb. 11th against USF at 12 p.m.
1. Emese Sulyos (JU) def. Elvira Serrot (UCF) 6-0, 6-2
2. Lena Willi (JU) def. Kenza Belbacha (UCF) 6-1, 6-1
3. Tatiana Soldatova (JU) def. Anna Yakimchenkova (UCF) 7-5, 6-3
4. Iva Jaresova (JU) def. Megan Hunter (UCF) 6-3, 2-6, 6-3
5. Becky Gordon (UCF) def. Fernanda Carrero (JU) 6-2, 6-3
6. Kyla McNicol (UCF) def. Cristina Paiva-Flor (JU) 6-1, 6-1
1. Sulyos/ Willi (JU) def. Serrot /Yakimchenkova (UCF) 8-3
2. Jaresova / Soldatova (JU) def. Belbacha / Hunter (UCF) 8-4
3. Gordon /Carati (UCF) def. Carrero /Pavia-Flor (JU) 8-3
2006 WOMEN'S TENNIS