FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 16, 2007
Women's tennis defeated Stetson 4-3
Feb. 16, 2007
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - The Dolphins (4-3, 1-1 A-Sun) started off strong against the Stetson Hatters (2-4, 0-2 A-Sun) and clinched the doubles' point by winning all three doubles matches on Friday afternoon.
In doubles, Sulyos and Willi defeated Galbarini and Atkinson 8-2 at the No. 1 spot, and Jaresova and Soldatova dominated Nowicki and St. Clair winning 8-0 at the No. 2 spot. Carrero and Pavia-Flor also picked up a victory defeating Canady and Leonenko 8-2 at the No. 3 spot.
"We played really good doubles today and that ended up deciding the match," said head coach Jarod Camerota. "Iva, Tatiana, and Lena all played great today; overall it was a good win against a good team."
The Dolphins are back in action at home against conference foe Mercer on Saturday. Feb. 24th at 11 a.m.
1. Virginia Galbarini (Stetson) def. Emese Sulyos (JU) 6-7(5), 6-1, 10-6
2. Lena Willi (JU) def. Breanna Atkinson (Stetson) 6-4, 7-5
3. Tatiana Soldatova (JU) def. Katherine Nowicki (Stetson) 6-1, 6-2
4. Iva Jaresova (JU) def. Anna Leonenko (Stetson) 6-1, 6-0
5. Catherine Canady (Stetson) def. Fernanda Carrero (JU) 5-7, 7-6(6), 10-6
6. Samantha Lange (Stetson) def. Cristina Paiva-Flor (JU) 6-0, 6-0
1. Sulyos/ Willi (JU) def. Galbarini /Atkinson (Stetson) 8-2
2. Jaresova/Soldatova (JU) def. Nowicki/St. Clair (Stetson) 8-0
3. Carrero/Pavia-Flor (JU) def. Canady/ Leonenko (Stetson) 8-2
2006 WOMEN'S TENNIS