SUNDAY, MARCH 04, 2007
Women's Tennis defeats Campbell, 4-2
March 4, 2007
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - The Dolphins (6-3, 3-1 A-Sun) win the doubles point along with number 1, 2, and 3 singles to take the win over Campbell, ending the Camels eight game winning streak.
Emese Sulyos and Lena Willi started the Dolphins off with a win in no. 1 doubles defeating Alfonzo and Saenz 802, while Tatiana Soldatova and Iva Jaresova secured no. 2 doubles defeating the Surviladze sisters. With the doubles point won, the dolphins looked towards singles play. Sulyos defeated Alfonzo 6-2, 6-3 in no. 1 singles, while Willi defeated Saenz 7-5, 6-1 in the no. 2 spot. Soldatova earned the dolphins fourth point defeating A. Surviladze 6-2, 6-0. Jaresova's match ended after only two sets due to darkness.
"We are really playing well at the top of our line-up," said head coach Jared Camerota. "The bottom of our line-up keeps improving and looks to be at peak play for the conference tournament in April, something we have been practicing for."
The Dolphins return to action at home Sunday facing Hampton University at 2:00 p.m.
1. Emese Sulyos (JU) def. Scarlet Alfonzo (CAM) 6-2, 6-3
2. Lena Willi (JU) def. Bianca Saenz (CAM) 7-5, 6-1
3. Tatiana Soldatova (JU) def. Ana Surviladze (CAM) 6-2, 6-0
4. Iva Jaresova (JU) and Iva Stojancev (CAM) 6-1, 5-7 DNF (darkness)
5. Liza Bensimon (CAM) def. Fernanda Carrero (JU) 6-4, 6-4
6. Nina Surviladze (CAM) def. Maria Paiva-Flor (JU) 7-5, 6-0
1. Sulyos/Willi (JU) def. Alfonzo/Saena (CAM) 8-2
2. Soldatova/Jaresova (JU) def. Surviladze/Surviladze (CAM) 8-3
3. Bensimon/Stojancev (CAM) def. Carrero/Paiva-Flor (JU) 8-0
2006 WOMEN'S TENNIS