WEDNESDAY, MARCH 07, 2007
Women's Tennis Downs Kennesaw State, 6-1
March 7, 2007
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - The Dolphins (8-3, 4-1 A-Sun) took on Kennesaw State Wednesday afternoon, sweeping play in doubles and winning all the singles matches. The owls received their lone point in no. 6 singles as JU defaulted the match.
Led by Emese Sulyos in no. 1 singles, the dolphins played some of their best tennis yet. Sulyos def. Cobos 6-1, 6-0, while pairing with Lena Willi to defeat Cobos and Nakakura in no. 1 doubles, 8-2. Willi went on to defeat Nakakura 6-0, 6-0 in no. 2 singles. Tatiana Soldatova and Iva Jaresova came together to take on Thomas and Whaled in no. 2 doubles, winning 8-0. Soldatova took on Ammann in no. 3 doulbes, coming up ahead 6-0, 7-5. Jaresova defeated Thomas 6-1, 6-0 in no. 4 singles. Fernanda Carrero took on Page in no. 5 singles, securing the dolphins sixth point winning 6-0, 6-1, after teaming with Cristina Paiva-Flor in no. 3 doubles to defeat Amman and Page 8-3.
We did what we had to do today," said head coach Jarod Camerota. "It was another good conference win for us."
The dolphins return to the courts Monday, March 12 facing Eastern Kentucky at home at 11:00 a.m.
1. Emese Sulyos (JU) def. Mercedes Cobos (KSU) 6-1, 6-0
2. Lena Willi (JU) def. Giselle Nakakura (KSU) 6-0, 6-0
3. Tatiana Soldatova (JU) def. Karen Ammann (KSU) 6-0, 7-5
4. Iva Jaresova (JU) def. Jeni Thomas (KSU) 6-1, 6-0
5. Fernanda Carrero (JU) def. Caroline Page (KSU) 6-0, 6-1
6. KSU wins by default
1. Sulyos/Willi (JU) def. Cobos/Nakakura (KSU) 8-2
2. Soldatova/Jaresova (JU) def. Thomas/Whalen (KSU) 8-0
3. Carrero/Paiva-Flor (JU) def. Amman/Page (KSU) 8-3
2006 WOMEN'S TENNIS