MONDAY, MARCH 12, 2007
Women's Tennis downs Eastern Kentucky, 6-1
March 12, 2007
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - The Dolphins (8-3, 3-1 A-Sun) smashed the Colonels, 6-1, earning their eight staright win. Emese Sulyos and Lena Willi combined to defeat Pimenova and Sitnikova, 8-1, in No. 1 singles, while winning No. 1 and 2 singles respectively.
Sulyos defeated Pimenova, 6-1, 6-0, in the No. 1 spot, while Willi defeated Vojtkova, 6-1, 6-0, in the No. 2 spot. Tatiana Soldatova also earned a point for the Dolphins, defeating Sitnikova, 6-2, 6-1 in No. 3 singles, while teaming up with Iva Jaresova to defeat Vojtkova and Euers, 8-3, in No. 2 doubles. Jaresova was leading Euers in No. 4 singles when all other play finished, thus Jaresova defaulted the match to Euers in order to rest up for the coming matches.
Fernanda Carrero and Maria Paiva-Flor secured the win for the Dolphins, teaming up to down Phillips and Ashby, 8-0, in No. 3 doubles. Carrero went on to defeat Phillips, 6-2, 6-1 in No. 5 singles, while Paiva-Flor defeated Ashby, 6-1, 6-2, in No. 6 singles.
"They were very business like today," said head coach Jarod Camerota. "I am happy with that, and our doubles are getting better with every match."
The Dolphins return to the court Tuesday afternoon, facing Northern Iowa at 2:00 p.m. at the Keith Watson Family Tennis Complex.
1. Emese Sulyos (JU) def. Svetlana Pimenova (EKU) 6-1, 6-0
2. Lena Willi (JU) def. Luica Vojtkova (EKU) 6-1, 6-0
3. Tatiana Soldatova (JU) def. Alexandra Sitnikova (EKU) 6-2, 6-1
4. Jemma Euers (EKU) def. Iva Jaresova (JU) 4-6, default
5. Fernanda Carrero (JU) def. Casie Phillips (EKU) 6-2, 6-1
6. Maria Paiva-Flor (JU) def. Page Ashby (EKU) 6-1, 6-2
1. Sulyos/Willi (JU) def. Pimenova/Sitnikova (EKU) 8-1
2. Soldatova/Jaresova (JU) def. Vojtkova/Euers (EKU) 8-3
3. Carrero/Paiva-Flor (JU) def. Phillips/Ashby (EKU) 8-0
2006 WOMEN'S TENNIS