FRIDAY, MARCH 16, 2007
Women's Tennis battle Wyoming, 4-3
March 16, 2007
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - The Dolphins (11-3, 4-1 A-Sun) took the doubles point and No. 1, 2, 3 singles in order to secure their win over Wyoming Friday afternoon at the Keith Watson Family Tennis Complex.
Tatiana Soldatova and Iva Jaresova battled from behind in No. 2 doubles to win the doubles point for the Dolphins, defeating Lazar and Summerfield, 9-7. Soldatova went on to defeat Lazar in No. 3 singles, 6-4, 6-2, adding another point to the Jacksonville total.
Emese Sulyos and Lena Willi paired up again to defeat House and Rowinski, 8-4. Sulyos took on Summerfield in No. 1 singles, winning 6-1, 6-0. Willi sent the No. 2 singles match into three sets, battling it out with Rowinski to guarantee the win for the Dolphins.
"No. 2 doubles did a great job of battling back to get us the point," said head coach Jarod Camerota. "Sulyos and Soldatova played will today and Willi did a good job of finishing her singles match."
The Dolphins return to the court Saturday March 17th, facing Lafayette at 1:00 p.m. at the Keith Watson Family Tennis Complex.
1. Emese Sulyos (JU) def. Sarah Summerfield (WY) 6-1, 6-0
2. Lena Willi (JU) def. Karolina Rowinski (WY) 6-2, 4-6, 6-2
3. Tatiana Soldatova (JU) def. Corina Lazar (WY) 6-4, 6-2
4. Amy Senko (WY) def. Fernanda Carrero (JU) 7-6(5), 6-3
5. Andrea House (WY) def. Maria Paiva-Flor (JU) 6-2, 6-3
6. Wyoming wins by default
1. Sulyos/Willi (JU) def. House/Rowinski (WY) 8-4
2. Soldatova/Jaresova (JU) def. Lazar/Summerfield (WY) 9-7
3. Brown/Senko (WY) def. Carrero/Paiva-Flor (JU) 8-5
2006 WOMEN'S TENNIS