SATURDAY, MARCH 31, 2007
Women's tennis defeated Belmont 6-1
March 30, 2007
Nashville, Tenn - The Dolphins (15-3, 7-1 A-Sun) downed conference foe Belmont (7-5, 3-3) on Friday afternoon, extending their winning streak to twelve matches in a row.
In doubles, the Dolphins secured the point by winning with Emese Sulyos and Lena Willi dominating Tatiana Pozo and April Bradley 8-1 at No. 1 doubles and Tatiana Soldatova Iva Jaresova edging out a win at No. 2 doubles defeating Elizabeth Conyer and Katie Rhodes in a tiebreak 9-8.
In singles, the Dolphins picked up wins at the first five positions to clinch the match victory.
"Winning the double point was huge for us this match and we were fortunate to win it," said head coach Jarod Camerota. "We also played really well in singles today and now our focus is solely on Lipscomb."
The Jacksonville women's tennis team will try to win another conference match on Saturday at Lipscomb at 12 p.m.
1. Emese Sulyos (JU) def. Linda Johansson (Belmont) 6-0, 6-1
2. Lena Willi (JU) def. Elizabeth Conyer (Belmont) 6-0, 6-0
3. Tatiana Soldatova (JU) def. Tatiana Pozo (Belmont) 6-2, 7-5
4. Iva Jaresova (JU) def. April Bradley (Belmont) 6-0, 6-1
5. Fernanda Carrero (JU) def. Katie Rhodes (Belmont) 6-3, 7-5
6. Kelly Pence (Belmont) def. Cristina Paiva-Flor (JU) 5-7, 6-4, 10-8
1. Sulyos/Willi (JU) def. Pozo/Bradley (Belmont) 8-1
2. Soldatova/Jaresova (JU) def. Conyer/Rhodes (Belmont) 9-8 (4)
3. Johansson/Pence (Belmont) def. Carrero/Paira-Flor (JU) 9-7
2006 WOMEN'S TENNIS