WEDNESDAY, APRIL 14, 2010
Baseball set for 12th-Annual Gala & Auction on April 17
As another year of spring comes into full bloom, the JU baseball team is in final preparations for the 12th-Annual JU Baseball Gala & Auction on April 17 at 6:30 p.m. in right field of John Sessions Stadium.
The event, which directly benefits the JU baseball program, will have a more laid back feel than recent years by moving the event to the playing field of the Dolphins and sporting a “cabana gear” theme near the picturesque St. Johns River.
Dinner and appetizers will be provided by the Spirit of Hospitality, which caters to several First Coast events such as the Jacksonville Princess II on the St. John’s River, the Days Inn at Neptune Beach and the Jacksonville Landing.
For entertainment, recording artist and former JU baseball player Jimmy Parrish (1983-84) and his Ocean Wave Band will perform live during and after the event.
Along with a silent auction featuring autographed memorabilia, jewelry, golf outings and equipment, restaurant gift cards and much more - the live auction will feature amazing trips and rare opportunities.
A sampling of some of the items is below and more info is available on the links above.
- Frank Pace has donated his 3-bedroom house at Pebble Beach, Calif. in the Del Monte Forest and within walking distance of the beach for five days and four nights (US Open week not included) while including a foursome of golf at SpyGlass Hill Golf Course. The trip will also include donated airfare miles to fly you out to California. The total value of the package is $7,500 and requires a minimum bid of $4,500.
- David Stringfield from Automasters Fleet Service of Jacksonville has donated a 61-foot, Jim Smith custom, sport fisher boat for a one-day trip out of Comanche Cove in St. Augustine. The total value of the rental and trip is $2,500.
- Patrick Lasher has donated a 5 day/4 night retreat at Bear Lake Reserve in Western North Carolina. The total value for the package is $1,500 and is good for one year from the time of purchase.
- David and Lynn Swenson has donated 4 Lexus Presidents Seats (third row behind home plate) to see the Washington Nationals play in D.C. on a mutually agreed upon date. The package includes an all-inclusive gourmet buffet and beverage service for a total value of $1,200.
- Nosara Paradise Rentals in Nosara, Costa Rica has donated a one-week stay in Casa Tranquilo, Casa Surfeando or Apartmento which also includes a half day of fishing (on the Wanderer), snorkeling, surfing or one of their famous Safari Tours. The total value for the entire package is $1,170.
- Charlie Norwood has donated a half-day charter with two nights lodging at the Sea Hag Marina in Steinhatchee, Fla. The total value of the charter and lodging is $600.
- Bob Maisch has donated for a three-some to play a round of golf with him at the exclusively private Pablo Creek Club on San Pablo Road. Arguably the finest course in Jacksonville, the club does not allow carts but a Forecaddie will be provided in the round.
To order tickets for the event or to get more information, please call Brian Freshley at (904) 256-7863.