With two straight wins and renewed confidence, the Jacksonville men’s basketball team faces Atlantic Sun Conference co-leader Mercer on Monday night.
Jacksonville (4-15, 2-6 A-Sun) is coming off one of its best performances of the season. The Dolphins beat Kennesaw State, 66-50, on Saturday thanks to big nights from Delwan Graham and Aloys Cabell.
That duo now faces a tall task in taking on a Mercer (14-7, 6-2 A-Sun) squad that moved into a tie for first place after its win over North Florida.
“Mercer is good team, that is well coached and plays together as team,” said JU head coach Cliff Warren. “Our young men continue to play hard and are working to get better. They have seen some positive results from their efforts now and know what we need to do to be successful.”
- One of JU’s longest running series, the Dolphins hold a 29-18 lead, with the season series being split the last three years.
LAST TIME OUT...
- Playing its most complete game of the season, Jacksonville raced past Kennesaw State, 66-50. Delwan Graham record his second straight double-double with a career-best 19 points and season-high 12 rebounds.
- For the fifth time in the last six games, Aloys Cabell scored in double figures - putting up 16 points, with 10 coming in the second half.
- Delwan Graham scored 11 of his 19 points in the first half and posted his fourth double-double of the season.
- Jacksonville held Kennesaw State to 50 points, the second-fewest points scored by the Owls this season. It is the first time JU has held an opponent to 50 points or less since a 57-47 overtime win against USC Upstate on Jan. 13, 2011.
NEW HIGHS vs. KSU...
- Delwan Graham set a new career high in points with 19. He also set a new season high in rebounds with 12.
- Evin Graham recorded his first career 3-pointer in his first career start, while also pulling down a season-best five rebounds in a season-high 33 minutes.