FRIDAY, MARCH 16, 2012
Mountaineers drop Dolphins
The Jacksonville University women’s tennis fell to the Appalachian State Mountaineers 6-1 on Wednesday in Jacksonville.
Dolphin freshman Aline Staudt looked like her early season self, winning both her doubles and singles match picking up the only JU point.
Staudt beat her opponent in straight sets winning 6-3, 6-3. This marks her eighth individual win of the season. She and teammate Natalie Melibeu paired up to record the Dolphins only victory, winning 8-6 over their Appalachian State opponents.
The Dolphins move to 3-7 on the season and will open
conference play on March 16th when they host ETSU at the Keith
Watson Family Tennis Complex.
JU Women 1 Appalachian
1. Staudt/ Melibeu vs Linsell/ Ansari- JU 8-6
2. Gosal/ Iwinski vs Fernandez/ Celi- ASU 8-5
3. Bartos/ Spencer vs Bean/ Thaggard- ASU 8-4
1. Staudt vs Linsell- JU 6-3, 6-3
2. Melibeu vs Ansari- ASU 6-2, 6-2
3. Bartos vs Celi- ASU 6-4, 6-4
4. Gosal vs Thaggard- ASU 6-3, 6-0
5. Iwinski vs Dimh- ASU 6-1, 6-2
6. Spencer vs Gabriel- ASU 6-2, 6-4