Jacksonville (7-10; 2-2) returns to Veterans Memorial Arena on Thursday night against Kennesaw State (2-13; 1-2) looking to end a two game skid. The Dolphins are 5-1 at home this season, including a 4-1 mark at VMA.
JU is coming off an 81-72 loss at Stetson on Monday. Senior Glenn Powell racked up his third straight double digit effort with 13 points and seven rebounds. He is now averaging 16.0 points and shooting 63.3 percent in the last three games. Junior Keith McDougald added 15 points on 6-9 shooting vs Stetson and is leading the Dolphins with 10.4 ppg on the year.
Kennesaw State snapped a 12 game losing streak with an 83-75 win over A-Sun preseason favorite Mercer last Saturday. Delbert Love scored 32 points in the win and is averaging 11.8 ppg on the year. Markeith Cummings leads the team with 17.2 points on the year.
- Jacksonville leads the all-time series 11-3 having won the last 11 meetings
- Fans can hear the Voice of the Dolphins, Terry Norvelle locally on 1010XL
Jacksonville hosts Mercer at Veterans Memorial Arena on Saturday.
JU AT A GLANCE
- Head Coach Cliff Warren has 107 career wins and is tied with Rollie Rourke (1953-60) for the most wins by a JU coach.
- JU has 11 players averaging at least 10 minutes a game, the most of any team in the A-Sun
- The Dolphins are 7-0 when leading at halftime this season
- JU is shooting 44 percent and averaging 66.6 ppg at VMA this season.
- The Dolphins are first in the league forcing an average of 16.4 turnovers per game
- Glenn Powell needs just one rebound to reach 600 for his career. Powell leads all active A-Sun players in career rebounds with 599.
- Russell Powell has a 4.0:1 assist:turnover ratio in A-Sun play
- JU has held their last three opponents to 26.0 percent (13-50) shooting from three