Jacksonville (7-9; 2-1) heads to Stetson (4-10; 1-2) Monday evening looking to earn a split on the first A-Sun road trip of the year. The Dolphins enter the game as one of four teams in the league with a 2-1 record in conference play.
JU is coming off a 78-55 loss at FGCU on Saturday that snapped a season best two game win streak. Senior Glenn Powell led the Dolphins with 19 points as he continues to be a factor for opposing defenses in the paint. The preseason All-Atlantic Sun selection was 7-9 from the field against FGSU and ranks third in the league shooting 55.9 percent from the field this season. Powell is averaging 17.5 points in the last two games and needs eight rebounds to reach 600 for his career.
Stetson is coming off a 90-74 loss against North Florida on Saturday. The Hatters have four players averaging double figures led by 6’9” center Adam Pegg with 14.6 ppg.
- Jacksonville leads the all-time series 43-32
- The teams have split the season series the last two years
-JU has won six of the last eight games in the series overall
- Fans can hear the Voice of the Dolphins, Terry Norvelle locally on 1010XL
JU returns home to Veterans Memorial Arena to host Kennesaw State on Thursday and Mercer on Saturday.
JU At A GLANCE
- Head Coach Cliff Warren has 107 career wins and is tied with Rollie Rourke (1953-60) for the most wins by a JU coach.
- The Dolphins are 7-0 when leading at halftime this season
- JU leads the A-Sun in blocks averaging 3.9 per game
- The Dolphins are also tops in the league forcing an average of 16.7 turnovers per game
- Glenn Powell leads active A-Sun players in career rebounds with 592. He also ranks fourth this season with 7.6 rpg
- Russell Powell is averaging 2.8 assists and has a 2.7:1 assist:turnover ratio in the lasts five games
- JU has held their last two opponents to 26.3 percent (10-38) shooting from three