- After racking up a school record 719 yards of total offense and a Milne Field record 69 points last week against Morehead State, the high-powered JU (1-2) attack is back in action today against Warner University (0-3).
- Today’s Game is Military Appreciation Day
- The Dolphins are 22-3 at home over the past six seasons
- JU has been dominating at home, owning a 22-3 record at Milne Field over the past five seasons.
- For the first time in league history, the Pioneer Football League regular season champion will receive an automatic bid to the FCS playoffs this season
- JU is a Pioneer Football League best 33-8 in PFL games over the past five seasons
- JU was picked third in the PFL preseason coaches poll behind San Diego and Butler
- JU has 91 players from the state of Florida on its roster
- First meeting between the two schools
- 2013 marks the inaugural football season for Warner, a NAIA program from Lake Wales, Fla.
- The Royals have been outscored 115-3 to start the year in losses to Stetson, Webber International and Mercer
- Radio: 92.5 FM (Richard Miller & Scott Manze)
- TV: CW17 (Cole Pepper & Steve Gilbert)
Offensive Notes Running Game Making A Statement
- JU rushed for 365 yards in the Morehead State win after averaging a mere 43.0 yards per game in the first two contests
- Orlando Thomas (Ocoee, Fla.) powered the ground game with 176 yards and two touchdowns on 10 carries, including an 84-yard TD run
- The 84-yard run by Thomas was the second longest in school history and is tied for the second longest by a FCS player this season
- For his performance, Thomas was tagged as the Pioneer Football League Co-Offensive Player of the Week
- Johnnie Hicks (Palm Bay, Fla.) and Ulysses Bryant (Jacksonville, Fla.) also ran for over 60 yards each vs Morehead
Lethal Scoring Weapon
- Of Andrew Robustelli’s 31 career receptions, eight have gone for touchdowns
- After catching a total of 17 passes last season the junior receiver has 13 catches for a team high 234 yards in 2013
Red Zone Success
- JU leads the PFL averaging 297 passing yards per game.
- On the other side of the ball the Dolphins have shut down opponents air attack allowing a mere 125.3 yards per game, ranking JU 7th in the nation
- Opponents 79.38 Team Passing Efficiency ranks 1st in the nation
- JU is a perfect 9-9 on trips inside the red zone this season coming away with six touchdowns and three field goals
- The Dolphins are one of only 15 teams in the nation to have converted on every trip into the red zone this season
Defensive Notes Foley finding A Way
McRae a Magnet For The Football
- Defensive back Ed Foley (Port St. Lucie, Fla.) lead JU with 30 tackles this season and has already surpassed his previous best season total of 29 in 2011 from his first three years at JU
- Sophomore defensive back Antonio McRae (Palatka, Fla.) has had a knack for finding the football this season
- McCrae has had at least one takeaway in each game this season and JU in takeaways have intercepted two passes and recovered one fumble
Shutting out the First Quarter
- The JU defense has been strong in the first quarter this season having not allowed a touchdown; the Dolphins have out scored opponents 38-3 in the first quarter this year
Special Teams Notes Lynch Rewriting the JU Record Book
Yo Adrian..You did it!
- Sr. PK/P Dylan Lynch (Jacksonville, Fla.) has become a regular name in the JU record book since joining the Dolphins from FIU prior to the 2012 season
- The preseason All-PFL selection became JU’s career field goals made leader vs Jacksonville State and now has 18 made FGs
- Lynch also set a school record with a 73-yard punt in the third quarter against the Gamecocks
- Last week vs Morehead State he set a JU single game kicking record with 15 points connecting on 9-9 extra points and 2-3 field goals
- He has a current streak of 18 straight made extra points and already shares the JU record of 23 straight
- Sr. WR Adrian Riley (Ocoee, Fla.) was tagged the Pioneer Football League and College Football Performance Awards National kick returner of the week following his performance vs Morehead State
- Riley had a 75-yard punt return for a touchdown and totaled 112 all-purpose yards, including a nine yard touchdown catch
- The 75-yard return is the second longest in school history
Copyright ©2014 Jacksonville University. All Rights Reserved.