SUNDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2006
JU vs. Coastal Carolina Post Game Notes
Dec. 10, 2006
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -
JU vs. Coastal
Post Game Notes
December 10, 2006
- Marcus Allen Notebook:
o Marcus Allen scored in double figures for the fourth straight game and the seventh time in nine games this season.
o His 17 points in the first half is the most by a Dolphin in a half this season.
o His 13 rebounds give him his first double-double of the season and just the second by a Dolphin this year. It also ties his career high for rebounds.
o His 22 points is the most scored by a Dolphin in a game this season and third time in his career he has scored 20 or more points in a game.
- JU put together two runs of at least 8-0 in the game. The first run was a 9-0 run that put the Dolphins on top 20-11. The second was an 8-0 run to start the second half and push the lead to 16, 46-30.
- Lehmon Colbert scored in double figures for the fifth straight game, racking up 16 points - including two 3-pointers. Colbert's effort is the third straight game in which he has tallied at least 15 points.
- Corey Claitt scored 10 points to get in double figures for the first time in the past four games.
- Tyrone Curnell had 10 points, going into double figures for the fourth time this season and the first time in the past four games.
- Jesse Kimbrough got into double figures for the second straight game and the seventh time in JU's nine games with 12 points. For his career, Kimbrough has scored in double figures 28 times in 41 career games.
- The Dolphins hit six 3-pointers, tying the most by JU in a game this season for the fifth time.
- JU won the points in the paint battle for the second straight game and for the sixth time this season.
- The win extended the Dolphins home-court winning streak to four and improved JU's record at the Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena to 4-2.
- JU scored more than 70 points for the fourth time this season to stay undefeated when they put up at least 70. The Dolphins have scored at least 77 points in every home game, going for 80 or more now three times.
- The Dolphins hit more than 50 percent of their shots in both halves and hit more than 50 percent in a game for the first time this season.
2006-07 MEN'S BASKETBALL