LAKEPOINT, Ga. – The ASUN Conference All-Academic Team was released Thursday, and senior Hanna McMahon represented the Jacksonville University beach volleyball program on the 10-member list.
The honor comes in back-to-back fashion for McMahon as she was also named all-academic a season ago.
"We are so proud of Hanna for this ASUN recognition," said Director of Volleyball Julie Darty. "This is much deserved, as Hanna is a tremendous student and has achieved much, academically, during her time here at JU.
"Hanna has been with me my entire time I have been coaching here, and I am so proud of the type of student-athlete she is. She works hard in the classroom, on the court and in the weight room, and this recognition is truly a special way for Hanna to leave her legacy with the JU beach program."
McMahon will soon be walking across a stage to receive her bachelor's degree in accounting. The Sarasota, Fla., native manages a 3.81 grade point average, and has recorded seven wins so far on the year.
Closing out the season paired with Jizzyan Gesualdo in the No. 5 spot, the two went 3-0 with victories over Mercer and Coastal Carolina, and the successes against the Chanticleers helped the Dolphins to clinch the fifth and final spot in the upcoming ASUN Tournament.
McMahon and the 'Phins open postseason play with a 9 a.m. dual against intercity rival North Florida on Saturday.
Beach Volleyball All-Academic Team
- *Kristin Lind, Stetson (Senior | 3.94 | Accounting)
- *Tori Penrod, Mercer (Senior | 4.00 | Sports Business)
- *Emma Peel, Mercer (Senior | 3.97 | Global Health Studies & Spanish)
- Tahleia Bishop, Coastal Carolina (Senior | 4.00 | Interdisciplinary Studies)
- Hanna McMahon, Jacksonville (Senior | 3.81 | Accounting)
- Danielle Faust, Mercer (Sophomore | 3.93 | Elementary Education)
- Sophie Peel, Mercer (Junior | 4.00 | Journalism)
- Kimberly Ferguson, North Florida (Senior | 3.77 | Health Science)
- Tiffany Creamer, Stetson (Senior | 3.82 | Psychology)
- Rachel Noble, Stetson (Sophomore | 3.89 | Sport Business)
* - Denotes unanimous decision