Jacksonville (4-2, 2-1 PFL) vs. San Diego (4-2, 3-0 PFL)
Saturday, Oct. 21 | 12:00 p.m. | D.B. Milne Field
ESPN3 | Scott Manze & David Lamm
MIXLR | Joe Mixie & Jareeq Crenshaw
San Diego owns a slight 5-4 edge in the all-time series, but the last meeting fell in favor of the Dolphins, 35-18, in the 2014 season. Jacksonville won three of its four victories over the Toreros at D.B. Milne Field.
Saturday's game will also shadow as Military Day. With a valid military ID, all retired and active duty personnel and their families will receive free admission.
Single-game tickets are available for purchase day of game at the ticketing booth or online at JUTickets.com. General admission tickets are $10, children aged four and under are free, and students and faculty are free with a valid JU ID.
Visiting Butler, the Dolphins dropped their first Pioneer Football League game of the year by a score of 37-22. Jacksonville held a 15-13 lead with 4:44 remaining in the half, before surrendering four straight scoring drives to the Bulldogs.
Between those drives was a Dolphin touchdown called back on a holding penalty and a 52-yard field goal attempt that hit the crossbar.
Etched in Program History
With 18 credited to his name, Rylan Wells is one rushing touchdown shy of breaking top-five in program history. Emmet Hunter (2001-03) and J.J. Laster (2008-11) rank fifth in Dolphin history with 19 career rushing touchdowns
Wells is also four shy of reaching top-five in passing touchdowns. Gary Cooper (1998-01) is currently fifth with 31.
- Emon Smith and Griffin Garland tie for 17th in the nation in interceptions (3)
- Rylan Wells ties for 28th in the nation in points (86)
- Jamal Adjamah ranks 14th in rush yards per carry (6.27 YDS) while Wells is 35th (5.42)
- Wells ties for 16th in rushing touchdowns (6)
Jacksonville ranks …
- Third in the FCS in rushing offense (305.8 YPG)
- Fifth in team passing efficiency (171.39)
- 12th in scoring offense (36.7 PPG)
- 15th in total offense (460.8 YPG)
- Tied for 16th in passes intercepted (9)
- Tied for 24th in first downs (138)
- 29th in punt return defense (5.40 YDS)
- 30th in time of possession (31 AVG)
- Tied for 35th in rushing defense (128.0 YPG)
- 36th in third down conversion percentage defense (.342)
- 48th in total defense (355.0 YPG)
The Dolphins will hit the road to Campbell next Saturday for a 2 p.m. kickoff.