NCAA National Championships
Rich Harvest Farms (Par 72 • 7,300 yards)
Sugar Grove, Ill.
Friday, May 26-Wednesday, May 31
Live Results • Golfstat.com
Dolphin Deployment • David Wicks, Raul Pereda, Ryan Jahn, Sam Uhland, Elliott Fullalove
• 27th-seeded Jacksonville heads to the NCAA National Championship for the first time after a dramatic fifth-place finish at the NCAA Baton Rouge Regional. The Dolphins trailed by as much as 10 strokes in the final round.
• The Championships will take place over six days at Rich Harvest Farms in Sugar Grove, Ill. This will be the first time the Dolphins have competed on a course in the state of Illinois.
• USC, Oklahoma State, Vanderbilt, Stanford, Baylor, LSU, Illinois, Oregon, Kent State, Texas, Clemson, UNLV, Oklahoma, Virginia, UCF, Duke, Auburn, Ole Miss, Pepperdine, Arizona State, Florida State, North Carolina, Alabama, Lipscomb, Kennesaw State, Purdue, Jacksonville, New Mexico, Iowa State, Penn State
• Located about an hour west of Chicago, Rich Harvest Farms is consistently ranked among the Top 100 golf courses in Golf Digest's "America's 100 Greatest Golf Courses." More information about the course can be found here.
• The par-72 course will play at 7,300 yards for the NCAA Championships.
• Opened in 1999, Rich Harvest is home to the Kids Golf Foundation of Illinois and the Northern Illinois Men's and Women's golf teams, the host of this year's NCAA Championship. It has hosted such premiere events as the 2015 Western Amateur, the 2015 Palmer Cup, the 2009 Solheim Cup, and the 2003 Western Junior.
• Finals play consists of three days of stroke play on Friday, May 26 thru Sunday, May 28 (54 holes), after which the top 15 teams and nine individuals not on an advancing team will be determined. That is followed by a final day of 18 holes of stroke play on Monday, May 29 to determine the top eight teams that will advance to match play as well as the 72-hole individual champion. The team national champion will be determined by a match-play format that will consist of quarterfinals and semifinals conducted on Tuesday, May 30, followed by finals on Wednesday, May 31.
The 2017 NCAA Regional Championships
• For the first time in school history, Jacksonville University men's golf is headed to the NCAA Championships. The 42nd-ranked Dolphins came back from as many as 10 strokes down in the third round and won a sudden-death tiebreak playoff with No. 29 Northwestern to earn the fifth and final spot in the NCAA Championships from the Baton Rouge Regional, Wednesday at The University Club. Wicks received national attention for an interesting interaction with a water hazard.