Game-9 Jacksonville University (0-8, 0-2) vs. Furman University (3-6, 2-0) | Apr. 1, 2017 | D.B. Milne Field | 12 P.M. | @JU_MLAX | #WTD88 |
Live Stats: JUDolphins.com
Promotions and Policies
- Vs. Cancer game- The team will wear special shirts pregame and celebrate its fundraising efforts this year for Vs. Cancer
- Lace Up with LAX- Shoe donations will be accepted at the gate for a great cause. Lace Up With LAX is dedicated to defining the legacy of lacrosse players off the field by working to provide children who are homeless a new pair of shoes and in turn, a step to a brighter future. Click here to learn more
- Tickets are available at the ticket booth on gameday (CASH ONLY). Adirondack Seating is $20, and General Admission is free
- D.B. Milne Field policies are no glass, alcohol, coolers, and pets are allowed through gates; service animals are permitted
- Parking is free
"We are excited to return home to conference play. We've talked a lot to the team about preparing for the next five weeks, which determine our opportunity to be able to play in May. It starts off with a very talented Furman team that handled us easily last year. They are 2-0 in conference and well coached. Coach Meade is someone I respect dearly and it's going to be a conference battle Saturday at noon. We hope to have a lot of our fans and alumni out to support us as we continue to develop as a team and look for an opportunity to play in May." – Head Coach John Galloway
- Jacksonville is in its eighth season and first under new Head Coach John Galloway
- Eric Applegate dished out a career-best four assists last week at Air Force
- Ben Gleichenhaus has 12.88 saves-per-game, good for second in the conference and third nationally
- Chase York is fifth in the conference in caused turnovers with 1.50 per-game
- Hunter Forbes' 5.63 ground balls-per-game is third in the SoCon and is 36th nationally
The Dolphins have captured one of the three all-time meetings between the teams. Mitchell Parker poured in a pair of goals and Shawn Ewert had a goal and an assist in last year's loss in Greenville, S.C.
Do You Know the Enemy?
David Williamson matched a career-high with five goals in the Paladins' 11-10 home victory over Mercer last week. Alec Van de Bovenkamp also had a career day, with 16 saves en route to his second victory.
A hard fought game that took the defending Southern Conference champions to the wire in overtime resulted in a heartbreaking loss for Jacksonville University to Air Force, 10-9, Saturday at Falcon Stadium.
Jacksonville takes to the road to battle SoCon opponent VMI at 1 p.m.