Game-12 Jacksonville University (2-9, 2-3) vs. High Point University (4-6, 1-3) | Apr. 22, 2017 | D.B. Milne Field | 12 P.M. | @JU_MLAX | #WTD88 |
Live Stats: JUDolphins.com
Promotions and Policies
- Senior Day- Arrive early for a pre-game ceremony honoring JU's seniors
- 88 and Sunny Beach Volleyball Charity Tournament at 3 p.m. Click here to find out more
- Tickets are available at the ticket booth on gameday (CASH ONLY). Adirondack Seating is $20, and General Admission is free
- D.B. Milne Field policies are no glass, alcohol, coolers, and pets are allowed through gates; service animals are permitted
- Parking is free
"We have broken down the season into four quarters, and the guys rallied around that. Now we are in the third quarter and have an opportunity to play a High Point team that is figuring themselves out, but is known for being tough. We are going to have to keep a cool head. It's going to be a hot and beautiful day on Saturday.
As a team, we have to figure out what can we do to take the next step and be deserving of a playoff spot. What's the price you pay to dance in May?
Senior Day will be exciting to honor. I've only been with them for a year but they have led this program in so many different ways. This is a group that was willing to sacrifice for us and becayse of that, I think they will help us lead down this stretch of the season."– Head Coach John Galloway
- Jacksonville is second in the SoCon with an average of 27.55 ground balls-per-game
- McLean Chicquen's five goals at Mercer tied this season's SoCon single-game high and were one shy of tying the SoCon single game all-time record of six
- Chicquen is second in the SoCon with a shot percentage of .409
- Ben Gleichenhaus has 11.91 saves-per-game, good for third in the conference and 11th nationally
- Hunter Forbes' 5.45 ground balls-per-game leads the SoCon and is 22nd nationally
Chicquen and Forbes Named SoCon Players of the Week
Jacksonville University midfielder McClean Chicquen and faceoff specialist Hunter Forbes were named the Southern Conference Offensive and Defensive Players of the Week, respectively, for games played April 11-17, the league office announced Tuesday. Selections are made by the conference office.
Jacksonville fell, 14-10, on the road last year. Eric Applegate accomplished a hat trick in the setback. High Point leads the all-time series, 3-1.
Do You Know the Enemy?
The Panthers fell to Furman at home last week, 13-8, thanks to the Paladins outscoring the hosts, 5-1, in the fourth quarter. HPU goalie Tim Troutner Jr. had 10 saves, his eighth-straight game with 10 or more, and owns 153 on the season. Connor Robinson leads the charge with 14 goals, and Sean Harrison has dished 12 assists. High Point has lost four consecutive games.
McLean Chicquen and Dwayne Mattuhsik combined to score nine goals and gave Jacksonville University (2-9, 2-3) a 13-7 victory against the Mercer Bears (4-7, 1-4) Saturday at Five Star Stadium. The second consecutive Jacksonville win marks its most conference wins in a season already since owning three in 2014.
Jacksonville closes the regular season at SoCon opponent Bellarmine on Apr. 29.