LAKEPOINT, Ga. – Jasmyn Brown was named ASUN Co-Player of the Week on Tuesday, after a stellar week that included two critical last second baskets. It is the first time she has earned the honor. In a game that encapsulated 17 lead changes and 14 ties, Brown rattled in a three-pointer at Troy with 1.2 seconds remaining to provide the Dolphins with a one-point advantage. She nearly walked away with the game-winner, but a Trojan lay-in negated the effort.
She finished the contest with a career-high 29 points, which ranks third in JU history for most scored in a single game.
A game later, she earned her first career game-winner against South Alabama after grabbing an offensive board and laying it in with 3.3 seconds left on the clock. The 60-58 Dolphin victory saw Brown record a team-high 14 points.
Congrats to @Sportss_Lifee of @JU_WBB for taking home this week's #ASUNWBB Player of the Week Award!— #ASUNWBB �� (@ASUNWBB) December 5, 2017
Brown averaged 17.7 PPG and shot 61% from the field last week for the Dolphins, including a 29-point effort against Troy!
��➡️: https://t.co/ukmqazVdUt#JUPhinsUp�� pic.twitter.com/odCIF47r5W
ASUN Conference Women's Basketball Player of the Week - Dec. 5
Jasmyn Brown, Jacksonville
Junior | Guard | Haines City, Fla.
- First Career ASUN Conference Player of the Week award
- Averaged 17.7 PPG and shot 61.8% from the field last week for Jacksonville
- Poured in a career-high 29 points in a last second loss to Troy last Friday
- Scored 14 points at South Alabama on Sunday, including the winner with three seconds left
- Is in the top 10 in the ASUN in PPG, averaging 13.3, ranking her seventh