Jacksonville (4-2) vs. Central Connecticut State (1-5)
DATE: Wednesday, March 14
SITE: D.B. Milne Field – Jacksonville, Fla.
LIVE STATS: JACKSONVILLE
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – With wins in three of their last four games, Jacksonville University women's lacrosse hopes to make it three-straight victories as the Dolphins play host to Central Connecticut State tomorrow, March 14 at noon.
Setting the Scene
- Jacksonville enter their ninth season in program history in 2018.
- The Dolphins enter Wednesday's game with a 4-2 record overall – the best in the ASUN Conference – after defeating Vermont last Sunday, 20-5.
- Ten players found the back of the net for Jacksonville, as junior Lillie Miller led the way with a career-high six points (3 goals, 3 assists) and freshman Megan Prescott added four goals.
- Miller earned her first career ASUN Offensive Player of the Week honors after leading the Dolphins against the Catamounts.
- After her six-point performance (4g, 2a) against Ohio State on Feb. 23, ASUN Conference Preseason Player of the Year and Australian Women's National Team member Ashtyn Hiron was voted Alpha Lacrosse National Player of the Week.
- Ashtyn Hiron and Erica Beal swept the ASUN weekly honors for their performances against Ohio State.
- Hiron was previously named ASUN Player of the Week for Feb. 13 after she posted five goals against the Wolverines.
- Graduate goalkeeper Emily Poelma recorded a season-high 13 saves against the No. 15 Fighting Irish last weekend to earn ASUN Defensive Player of the Week honors for Feb. 20.
Scouting Central Connecticut State
- Looking to snap a two-game losing skid, the Blue Devils enter Wednesday's contest with a 1-5 record overall.
- CCSU defeated Hartford, 19-4, earlier in the season as Megan Szawlowski recorded seven goals for the Blue Devils in the win.
- Szawlowski leads the team with 20 points (16 goals, 4 assists) and is 5-13 on free-position shots … She also leads the team with 19 draw controls.
- Morgan Sinton (10g, 6a) and Cameron Ruberti (8g, 3a) also have double-digit points for the Blue Devils.
- Jackie Branthover leads the team with 20 ground balls, while Ruberti has caused a team-best 10 turnovers.
- Branthover has allowed 57 goals in 279:46 minutes in cage for a 12.22 goals-against average … She has also posted 48 saves for a 45.7 save percent.
Series History vs. the Blue Devils
Jacksonville is 2-0 in the all-time series with Central Connecticut State, with those wins coming at home in 2015 and in Connecticut in 2016.
The Dolphins meet Dartmouth for the first time in program history when the Big Green visit D.B. Milne Field next Wednesday, March 21 at 4 p.m.